buid version info

От Thomas O'Dowd
Тема buid version info
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

Just noticing that we seem to always have a problem identifying what
driver version a user is using in terms of the build date. Ie, people
write in with problems and we say are you using the latest 7.2 version
or the latest 7.3 version, or what build are you using.

Why not either:

a) Distribute all prebuilt drivers in a .zip file with other files
   like VERSION (when built), README (where to look for help, web, lists)
   The .zip file would also have the build date encoded in the filename.

or

b) Non final release builds use a date encoded in the jar filename.

I think it would help greatly in speeding up identifying what driver
someone was using and be able to identify what fixes went into cvs
since a particular driver was built. Personally, I'm in favour of a).

Any other ideas?

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com