Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, the issue with this patch is that it fixes ownership of INDEXES.
>
> I thought the resubmitted patch did no such thing?
>
> > Now, we are we going with this?  Can we just remove ownership of indexes
> > totally?  And sequences?
>
> How did you get from indexes to sequences?  The issues are completely
> different.

The poster mentioned it.  What does it matter?  I am asking.

> I'm in favor of considering that indexes and toast tables have no
> separate ownership, and storing zero in pg_class.relowner for them.
> However, I have not looked to see what this might break.  It might
> be more trouble than it's worth.

Well, before we reject this patch, we should decide what we are going to
do.  Of course, indexes are still in pg_class, and putting zero in there
for a user could be trouble.  It may be easier to just apply the patch.
In fact, because it is pg_class, I am not sure we will ever know what
3rd party apps we will break.