Re: descending index

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: descending index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le Mercredi 27 Février 2002 15:14, Pirtea Calin a écrit :
> I spent the last days rewriting some scripts that i used to create
> a database in Firebird in order to be able to use them in PostgreSQL.
> My final purpose is to write a small test application that can compare
> results between Firebird and PostgreSQL.

PostgreSQL does not offer ascending/decending indexes, probably because they
are not really needed. Why do you need them? Maybe we can set up a more
powerfull solution based on triggers, views, PLpgSQL, etc...

Maybe you should try pgAdmin2, Windows PostgreSQL GUI
(http://pgadmin.postgresql.org). It has an online PostgreSQL 7.2 guide in
user help. You may import your existing Firebuid application and rewrite it.

Feel free to send us more information about your test DB.
Cheers, Jean-MIchel POURE