Re: [SQL] Uniqueness of rule, constraint, and trigger names

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: [SQL] Uniqueness of rule, constraint, and trigger names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> For constraints, we'd need to change the code to be more careful to
> generate unique names for unnamed constraints.  That doesn't seem

Another question would be what to do with inherited constraints that
conflict in multiple inheritance cases.  It'd probably be safe to rename
those on the child table to be unique, but then drop constraint may
become more involved (and the error messages no longer use the name
given by the user for either constraint).