Re: PGSTAT : COnnection Refused Error (pgsql 7.2-2 on cygwin

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: PGSTAT : COnnection Refused Error (pgsql 7.2-2 on cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Tim,

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 09:33:55PM +0000, Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd wrote:
> I have reinstalled cygwin, and put on a post 1.3.9 snapshot of the dll as
> suggested to fix the psql problem.

Please use Cygwin 1.3.10 since it is available now.

> I put on cygipc as directed.
> I followed Jason's text file (NT portion) at
> http://tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.README.txt
> to reinstall. It all goes well until the line to 'net start postmaster'
> whereby the postmaster starts and stops immediately.
>
> The only line in the log file says
>
> PGSTAT: connect(2): Connection refused
>
> timed at the point when I tried to start the postmaster.

Sorry, but I have never seen the above error.  However, here are some
suggestions to debug your problem:

1. Try starting postmaster from the command line.  Do you get the same
error?

2. Try deleting the cygipc files:

    $ rm /tmp/cygipc* /tmp/MultiFile*

Any difference?

3. Try to strace the problem:

    $ rm /usr/bin/postmaster
    $ cp /usr/bin/postgres.exe /usr/bin/postmaster.exe
    $ strace -o postmaster.log postmaster ...
    $ rm /usr/bin/postmaster.exe
    $ ln -s postgres.exe /usr/bin/postmaster

Note that he games before and after the strace above is to temporarily
convert postmaster from a symlink to a real Win32 executable.  This is
necessary because strace is a Mingw app and hence does *not* understand
Cygwin symlinks.

Any thing obvious in postmaster.log?

HTH,
Jason