Re: Is vacuum full lock like old's vacuum's lock?

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Is vacuum full lock like old's vacuum's lock?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1 Mar 2002, Neil Conway wrote:

> Why do you need 'vacuum full' rather than just 'vacuum'? Read the docs,
> it's usually not necessary.

Because every night I delete/reload a big chunk of my data and then once a
week I delete/reload the entire dataset... about 7 million records.

I don't truncate because I want the users to see a "Stable" view of the
system at any point so I have the delete/reload inside of a commit
statement.