Re: PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le Dimanche 20 Janvier 2002 22:03, alavoor a écrit :
> I am proposing that in addition to UCB, all the new
> code added/changed after the UCB code must be covered
> under GNU/GPL.

This question has been discussed at least 100 times at least on pgsql-hackers
by PostgreSQL developpers. If you want to learn more about it, just read the
posts.

There is a large consensus not to change the present copyright, just because
it is impossible for legal reasons : all authors must agree, which is not the
case.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE