Re: Yet again on indices...

От Jean-Paul ARGUDO
Тема Re: Yet again on indices...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > postgresql.conf : enable_seqscan = false
> You could just do
> set enable_seqscan to 'off'
> in sql

thanks for the tip :-)
> > => Uh? seq scan'cost is lower than index scan??  => mailto hackers
> It often is. Really.
> > What's your opinion?
> What are the real performance numbers ?

Finally, testing and testing again shows the choice of table scan is faster than
index scan on this 26K tuples table. really impresive.
I posted another mail about Oracle vs PG results in a comparative survey I'm
currently working on for 1 month. Please read it, I feel a bit disapointed with
Oracle's 1200 tps..

Thanks for your support Hannu!

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO