plpgsql: eeturning resultset from func.?

От otisg@ivillage.com
Тема plpgsql: eeturning resultset from func.?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,

I need to write some functions/stored procedures in PLPGSQL.
All examples have a return clause that returns a single item (e.g.
RETURN INTEGER or RETURN VARCHAR, etc.).

However, I need to return a result set (e.g. SELECT user_id,
name FROM users).
What do I specify in the return part of the FUNCTION definition for that?
CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS ????? AS ' .....
What do I put in place of ?????
I could not find any examples for such cases.

Thanks,
Otis

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com