Re: [jason@netspade.com: DatabaseMetaData.java.diff]

От Jason Davies
Тема Re: [jason@netspade.com: DatabaseMetaData.java.diff]
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
My patch has already been applied, I believe.

--Jase.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:52:30PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
>
>     http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches
>
> I will try to apply it within the next 48 hours.  JDBC maintainers will
> review.

> Jason Davies wrote:
>
> Checking application/pgp-signature: FAILURE
> -- Start of PGP signed section.
> > Dave,
> >
> > Here is yet another patch for DatabaseMetaData which does several things:
> > a) Currently an extra key is returned in both getExportedKeys() and getImportedKeys(). So a foreign key
relationship,duplicate keys are returned. This has been fixed.
> > b) PK_NAME is now returned.
> > c) The whole SQL query has been optimized (no more ugly inner selects).
> > d) The getExportedKeys() and getImportedKeys() implementation has been put into a single getImportedExportedKeys()
tosave duplcating the code.
> > e) KEY_SEQ is now also returned.
> >
> > There is however one problem to do with multiple foreign key columns. Should they be returned as a single row,
separatedby commas? Or returned in separate rows? By multiple foreign key columns I mean, "alter table ptable add
constraintptable_fkey foreign key (pcol1, pcol2) references ftable (fcol1, fcol2)".

> > I think returning separate rows is the most correct way to do it, assuming the SQL statement above is equivalent to
2separate fkeys.

> > Any comments are welcome,
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 07:04:16PM -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > > Jason,
> > >
> > > The current sources should be patched as per your patch. I also fixed
> > > jdbc1 so it would compile
> > >
> > > Dave

Jason Davies

jason@netspade.com