Re: [ODBC] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: [ODBC] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2
Дата
Re: [ODBC] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Le Jeudi 21 Février 2002 05:04, Tatsuo Ishii a écrit :
> o Were server/clien encodings UTF-8 for PostgreSQL?
Yes, I am absolutely sure. Everything from Web page, Apache to PostgreSQL.

> o What are versions of these softwares? Especially of PHP? Is it a
> PHP4? if so, what version? What is the "Php with UTF-8 extensions"?
> I've never heard of it.

PHP 4.06. PHP needs to be compiled with "--enable-mbstring" to allow the
parsing of UTF-8 files and strings. Internal settings set to UTF-8.

I guess the error might come from PostgreSQL string parsing functions:
1) new.target_content:= translate(new.target_content, chr(146), chr (39)) ;
2) substring(text, int4). Is substring multibyte safe?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Solaris ISM Testing
От: Amit Kumar Khare
Сообщение: how to stop running postgres process