Logging user queries - Trigger for Select?

От Andrew Gould
Тема Logging user queries - Trigger for Select?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Federal laws (HIPAA) in the US are going to require
the tracking of all access (even SELECT) to certain
fields of protected patient information.  The simplest
way that I (not a developer) can think of to
accomplish this is to have a trigger store query
history in a log table.

1.  How can I capture the text of an SQL query (not
the result set) so that it can be used as a value in
an INSERT statement.

2.  Would the PostgreSQL developers consider expanding
the scope of Triggers to include SELECT statements?
(please?)

Thanks,
Andrew Gould