Re: Function to Pivot data

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Function to Pivot data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > This is the real problem: for any given book, you can't know in
> > advance how many authors it might have.  It's why I sort of thought
> > that a simple lookup table approach wouldn't be a good answer for
> > this: you have an ordered data set of unpredictable size for every

The way I did this for a tiny book database I have set up for my wife
to keep track of books is to have an edition table, an author table and
a table of edition author pairs. It isn't ordered, but it could be
by adding another field to the edition, author pairs.

I haven't finished all of the web based tools for dealing with this,
as she isn't doing a lot with it now, but if you want to look at the
scheme and the web tools that are there, you can look at:
http://wolff.to/book/