Re: temporary tables, plpgsql and yes i bet this has been asked

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: temporary tables, plpgsql and yes i bet this has been asked
Дата
Re: temporary tables, plpgsql and yes i bet this has been asked  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Murray Prior Hobbs wrote:
> >
> > in a plpgsql function
> >
> >     create temporary table X

> >     drop table X
> >

> > then in another function
> >
> >     loop
> >
> >         call the other function
> >
> >     end loop
> >

> > i get the problem that the second time the table is created (ie in the
> > second call) it is not visible
> >
> > now yes i could declare the table in the calling funtion but then the
> > original function is less useful to me
>
> Interesting.  Can you recreate the problem in psql without the functions
> and show an example?  I am confused how this could be failing.
   I  bet  he's  using  the  temp  table  without  EXECUTE. That   would've failed even without  the  other  "calling"
function  around  it, as soon as he uses it more than once per session.

   SPI still needs to learn how to determine  if  a  query  uses   temp tables somewhere in order to silently
re-preparequeries   when required.  And I am absolutely sure this is not an issue   we should address in PL/pgSQL. It
hasto be solved on the SPI   level.

Jan