Re: casting question

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: casting question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Your fields contain spaces, because of the char(15)
datatype padding them out.  The numeric conversion
routine can't handle those spaces: you will need to
use a trim function (probably rtrim() will be best) to
take them out.

You can avoid this problem if you use varchar (or
text) instead of char datatype.