Re: Problems with initdb on Cygwin

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: Problems with initdb on Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:06:07PM -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > > Got the same problem here.
> >
> > Could you let the initdb run for a few minutes, and then attach to the
> > process with gdb and see where it's looping?  (Actually, I dunno if
> > gdb works under cygwin...)
>
>     It does, you need to know the windows specific process id and
>     it even works with the GUI  (Gates  Unpredictable  Interface)
>     version of gdb.

Hm. Just tried that but I don't seem to be able to get any kind of
output from gdb. Mind you, that may well be because I have hardly any
idea as to how to use gdb (I'm not a C programmer). Attaching to the
process *seems* to be working though. What I did:

---------------- snip (console #1) ----------------
frank@LUCY /usr/local/pgsql/data
$ pwd
/usr/local/pgsql/data

frank@LUCY /usr/local/pgsql/data
$ initdb -D data
This database system will be initialized with username "frank".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server
process.

Creating directory data
Creating directory data/base
Creating directory data/global
Creating directory data/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in data/base/1
---------------- snap (console #1) ----------------

This is where initdb doesn't get any further whilst consuming close to
100% of one of the 2 processors on the machine (this is my box at work,
an old dual PPro 200 running Windows 2000). On the 2nd console I do

---------------- snip (console #2) ----------------
frank@LUCY ~
$ gdb.exe program 1324
---------------- snap (console #2) ----------------

which opens a Gates Unpredictable Interface window that says it's a gdb
source window and that program execution has stopped at 0x77a018d (is
that address any use for you?). If I press C for continue, I have gdb
and postgres consuming next to 100% of either processor, but still no
further output. Actually, it's always the same address where the program
stops; running the above steps severaly times seems to confirm this
(which might indicate that the address is of use for you?!).

Regards, Frank

Сообщение: Re: persistent portals/cursors (between transactions)
Сообщение: Re: persistent portals/cursors (between transactions)