Backend not sending ReadyForQuery packet?

От Christian von Kietzell
Тема Backend not sending ReadyForQuery packet?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have sent the startup packet to the postmaster who responded with
"R0". Afterwards I get a BackendKeyData packet from the backend.
According to the docs I'm not supposed to send anything but to wait
for the backend to send a ReadyForQuery packet which never comes.
I've analysed the TCP traffic psql generates. Oddly enough, even psql
doesn't wait for this packet but sends "Qselect getdatabaseencoding()"
instantly.

Are the docs wrong or am I blind an missing some important detail?

Cheers,
  Christian

P.S. I'm using PostgreSQL 7.1.3

--