Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, I have worked with Vince, our webmaster, to merge our two versions
into one paragraph that everyone, hopefully, will like.  It is below.
It would be added to the bottom of FAQ item 1.2:

The above is the BSD license, the classic open-source license. While the
GPL has similar goals, PostgreSQL developers find the restrictions
imposed by the GPL to be unacceptable.  Since the BSD license has no
such restrictions, we like it and have no intention of changing it.