Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
[2002-01-19 18:58] Murray Prior Hobbs said:

| Thanks tom but i think there's more to it
|
| error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/postgresql/pltcl.so:
| undefined symbol: Tcl_CreateInterp
|
| as you can see it knows where the library is - what i think it's
| complaining about is the undefined symbol
|
| so i do a grep through the sources and find the call - the only call -
| but there's no function declaration in the sources
|
| i did follow your link and i had read the page before - i'm on RedHat
| 7.2 so should not have needed to do that - but i did anyway - it made no
| difference
|
| is there meant to be Tcl_CreateInterp anywhere in the sources?

No.  This is provided by the tcl library:
 bash$ grep Tcl_CreateInter /usr/include/tcl8.3/tclDecls.h  EXTERN Tcl_Interp * Tcl_CreateInterp _ANSI_ARGS_((void));

The problem is, as Tom said, that your tcl library is not being
found by the system's linker.  Try this:
 bash$ ldd /usr/lib/postgresql/pltcl.so

I suspect you'll see a line containing "not found".
 brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems
Сообщение: Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems