Re: pgsql/src/backend/commands sequence.c

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql/src/backend/commands sequence.c
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Log message:
>     Fix sequence creation to set the t_xmin of a sequence's tuple to
>     FrozenTransactionId, not the XID of the creating transaction.  Without
>     this it's possible for a reference to a long-gone CLOG record to occur,
>     per Christian Meunier's bug report of 10-Jan-02.  Worse, the sequence
>     tuple would become invisible to SELECTs after 2 billion transactions.

Can you remind me why sequences are different from normal tables in the
regard?

>     Since the fix is applied during sequence creation it does not help
>     existing databases, unless you drop and recreate every sequence.
>     However, we intend to force initdb for 7.2RC1 anyway, to fix a pg_proc
>     error, so I see no need to do more for this problem.

This eliminates allowing an SQL query to fix the problems with pg_proc
--- pg_upgrade, because there was an int4->int8 change in sequences,
will properly set the new XID if it is used on older databases.