Re: JDBC patch for DatabaseMetaData

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: JDBC patch for DatabaseMetaData
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hey everyone -
Go check the HACKERS archives: how schema map to PostgreSQL DB objects was
hashed out to death, more than once. As it happens, Barry's intution on
this is exactly where we ended up: a Postgresql 'database' is equivalent
to what the SQL92 standard calls a 'catalog'. Schema are essentially a
namespace within a catalog, and will be implemented as such. I know Tom
Lane hasd said that schema support is on his roadmap for early in 7.3.

How 'other' databases implement it is not controlling.

Ross Reedstrom