Re: caching subtotals: update vs sum -- aaugh!

От will trillich
Тема Re: caching subtotals: update vs sum -- aaugh!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
subtotalling child records into a parent field -- HOWTO?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:06:01AM -0800, Andrew Gould wrote:
> Where does 'set.id' come from?  If this was a typo,
> was it in the sql query you executed?  I would think
> that your first attempt should have worked if 'set.id'
> was replaced with 'invoice.id'.

yes, that was a typo (which i fixed in my quoted sql above). and
no, it doesn't do what i want.  (it DOES if i have just ONE
single invoice record in the table -- all totals wind up in just
one invoice record.) if you have an example that DOES work i'd
love to see it!

i'm guessing that this isn't really an obscure task
(subtotalling child records into a parent field) but getting it
to work just ain't happenin' fer me yet. i'm SURE there's gotta
be an sql-friendly way to do this... ?

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #119 from Jonathan D. Proulx <jon@ai.mit.edu>
: