Re: Porting Oracle Packages

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: Porting Oracle Packages
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 09:54:49AM +0530, Unnikrishnan Menon wrote:

> 1.I have a package in Oracle to be ported to PostgreSQL.
>    The package consists of three procedures.
>     Anybody could give any suggestion on the porting methodology.

Josh already pointed you to the docs, so I won't do it again :)
> 2. Any idea as to what is the equivalent of the following Oracle code in Postgresql:
>
> Type xyz is Table of userid.user_account%type index by binary_integer;
> prev_id xyz;
> dummy xyz;

There's no structure in PL/pgSQL or any of the PostgreSQL procedural
languages that will map directly to this.

I remember I ported procedures with "type foo is Table of bar..." using
PL/Tcl arrays once, but it wasn't pretty.

Best thing is to think what are you trying to _accomplish_ with the
procedure, and then re-write it as a PL/pgSQL function.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net/      http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer