Re: Turning off transactions completely.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Turning off transactions completely.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I found a comment from 1999 where someone asked a similiar Q and Mimijian
> responded that that was not possible in pg. Is that still true? Can it be
> easily changed in the code?

It is possible to turn off transactions.  The problem is would the
system be any faster, and would a single INSERT failure due to a
constraint check make the system unusable.  You can turn off fsync in
postgresql.conf and maybe there is a way to prevent pre-change image
logging to WAL, but other than that, I can't think of any more speedups
that keep the system usable.