Re: PostgresDataSource Question

От Ned Wolpert
Тема Re: PostgresDataSource Question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Peter-

  I'll reply more off the mailing list (to save other-peoples bandwidth
;-) after I review more of what you wrote.  I think we have two different
goals, though they are not othogonal.  Here's what I'm working on, and
will submit to the group to decide if they want it.

1) A pooling implementation that works 'out-of-the-box', using my
origial approach, but playing the pooling code in the
org.postgresql.pool package.  You suggestion about that is good.

2) Work on a rowset implementation.

3) Start trying to get two-phase commits available. (Helping on the
backend where I can, and providing support in the jdbc driver)

Obviously, the order of complexity going from 1 to 2 to 3 is a factor
of 10 each step, but its what I'm working on.  Sounds like you have some
positive ideas on how the XA package needs to be upgraded.  I'm not going
to work on the xa code at this time, mostly because I'm not comfortable
enough with the needs/requirements of the package.  Perhaps you have time
to work on the xa package needs?

=====
Virtually,        |                   "Must you shout too?"
Ned Wolpert       |                                  -Dante
wolpert@yahoo.com |
_________________/              "Who watches the watchmen?"
4e75                                       -Juvenal, 120 AD

-- Place your commercial here --                      fnord