Re: postgresql startup problem on win2k

От fred@ontosys.com
Тема Re: postgresql startup problem on win2k
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 03:12:15PM -0500, dave wrote:
>     the log.txt is my application log, where i see some
>     information about postmaster complaining about missing registry
>     keys,

Don't worry about the "missing registry keys" part of the event data.
That text seems to appear whenever a cygwin process generates an event
log entry; it does not indicate a specific problem.  The only
pertinent part of the event data is the text that follows "... is part
of the event:".

Did you check /var/log/postmaster.log?  It might indicate why
postmaster failed to start.

If your Win32 system restarts without the postmaster process exiting
cleanly, such as happens if the machine is power-cycled, the
postmaster.pid file may be left over and postmaster will refuse to
start.  In that case, simply delete $PGDATA/postmaster.pid and then
try starting the postmaster service again.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc        PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370