Re: Begin/Commit

От Marc Spitzer
Тема Re: Begin/Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 10:54:28PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marc Spitzer <marc@oscar.eng.cv.net> writes:
> > Would one of these conditions include deleting a row where there is
> > a field that is used as a foreign-key in another table?
>
> [ thinks ... ]  Yes, I think so.  The cases I'm familiar with involve
> inserts and updates, but probably a delete on the referenced table would
> fire triggers as well.  With enough pending triggers, 7.0 and 7.1 will
> get slow.  See discussions of 'triggered data change violation' error
> in the archives.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks,

That explains a problem I had deleteing around 33,000 rows.  I let
it run for a couple of hours and it did not work.  I finaly had to
select all the primary keys of the rows I wanted to delete and
delete the rows one at a time, it was doing about 120 rows/min.

Is this fixed in 7.2 ?

Thanks again

marc