Re: NULL values or not?

От Aasmund Midttun Godal
Тема Re: NULL values or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
When it comes to database design, there are many books on the topic.

However, here are the principles I use:

1.) The schema should reflect the model (i.e. you should be able to do everything you need to, and not be able to do
anythingyou shouldn't)

2.) It should be easy to understand, maintain and use.

In my opinion null values don't go against any of these principles. Adding all sorts of id's and unnecessary tables
goesagainst #2. If you need to be able to register several numbers on each person, then you need two tables.

Regards,

Aasmund.