Re: NULL values or not?

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: NULL values or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a question about NULL values. Lets say that we have a world with
> the following info:
>
> FirstName
> LastName
> PhoneNumber
>

> Everyone has to have a FirstName and LastName but not everyone has to have
> a PhoneNumber.
   I  don't  know  of any particular, but I can imagine cultures   where people don't have first or last names. For
surealot of   people  on this earth don't have a mailing address that'd fit   into the "usual" schema. Don't make the
schematoo  scattered   just  to  avoid  NULLs.  Wether  you like them or not doesn't   matter, use them where they are
handy.

Jan