Re: localization

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: localization
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 10:24:31PM +0100, Carsten Grewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a bit lost here. I have tried to convince pgsql to show numbers with a
> decimal-comma (german style) instead of the decimal-point. I was told in this
> list, that the important variables are set during initdb. So I set all
> variables I could imagine (LANG, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC etc. - also
> LANG should have been enough in my understanding) to de_DE, made dumpall, rm
> data, initdb and tried again. Still 150.54 not 150,54 in psql. I been looking
> for further documentation, but it does not seem to be a big problem for most
> users. I must do something wrong - could you please give me a hint.

 The backend ignore LC_NUMERIC. If you want output numbers in locale
 depend format use to_char() (for example to_char(1234.5, '9G999D9').

        Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

 C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz

От: John Fabiani
Сообщение: Does postgres support data type BLOB