Re: Speed

От fred@ontosys.com
Тема Re: Speed
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:08:37PM -0000, Andy Pearce wrote:
> I've been using pgAdmin for sometime now and find it to be a very
> useful tool. The only problem i've come across is that it is really
> slow when accessing the server.

I've just started using SSH tunneling to connect pgAdmin II to a
remote server and find that the SSH compression cuts the first delay
(response to clicking on 'Databases' in the left panel) from 18sec to
about 8sec.

I also like the fact that the clear text Postgres passwords are now
hidden in the SSH tunnel.  I couldn't get pgAdmin to work with 'crypt'
mode password authentication on the server.  With this tunnel in place
I might also completely disallow remote access to the postmaster port
on the server.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370