Re: Can I call unix/linux commands within plsql?

От Chris Albertson
Тема Re: Can I call unix/linux commands within plsql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There are two ways I can think of

1) Write a Perl, Pyton, C, or C++ program that calls
PostgreSQL and also makes the system calls you need.

2) Write a function (see man create_function) in C.
your C function can do anything.

I'm guessing you should be doing #1.  But tell us your
application if you want better advice.

--- Timmy �H�K�� <timmy.tang@gaojin.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Postgresql/plsql. Can anyone tell me that whether I can
> call unix/linux commands within plsql or not? I need it because some
> functions can not be provided by the PostgreSQL server itself such as
> email.
>
> Thank you!!
>
> Timmy

=====