Re: dropping foreign keys

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: dropping foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Joseph Shraibman wrote:

> OK I asked this a while ago but I'll try again.  Is there any way to get rid of a foreign
> key?  Deleting the entry from pg_trigger causes the database to throw errors right and left.
>
> I'm using 7.1.3

You should use drop trigger (For all 3 triggers - remember to quote the
name too, because it's mixed case) rather than deleting directly from
pg_trigger.

If you're already in the state where pg_class has the wrong number of
triggers, you should probably be able to correct this using a varient
of the reenable triggers code pg_dump gives for data only dumps.