Re: bug or my ignorance ?

От Holger Krug
Тема Re: bug or my ignorance ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:25:43AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Holger Krug <hkrug@rationalizer.com> writes:
> >   =>select name(r.a) from (select testfun() as a) as r;
> >   ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 137857576: cache lookup failed
>
> Works okay if you just do
>
> regression=# select name(testfun());
>    name
> -----------
>  your name
> (1 row)

Thank you. Unfortunately this does not work, if I have to return several
attributes of T to the client.

Is there any other clean way to solve this problem:

"Having a function returning a tuple return the whole tuple to the client."

Not so clean ways would be:

* to work with an intermediate representation of the tuple as a string
  (as Joe Conway did in a former version of dblink) or
* to put the function result into a temporary table which is
  created for this purpose.

Which way is the recommended one ?

> I've been meaning to rip it out and try to
> set up a somewhat-sensible implementation of functions returning tuples.

Would be fine.

Thank you for your help !

--
Holger Krug