Re: OIDs missing in pg_attribute?

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: OIDs missing in pg_attribute?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[2001-12-06 21:47] Marc G. Fournier said:

| Morning all ...
|
|     Well, just spend the past few days banging my head against a brick
| wall trying to figure out why OpenACS 4.x won't work with PgSQL v7.2b3,
| and just figured it out, or, at least, figured out part of it ...
|
|     v7.2b3 no longer has an OID on pg_attribute?

nope.  It appears to have been removed around 10 Aug 2001.

|     The following works great in v7.1.3, but fails in v7.b3:
|
|  select upper(c.relname) as table_name,
|          upper(a.attname) as column_name,
|          d.description as comments
|     from pg_class c,
|          pg_attribute a
|            left outer join pg_description d on (a.oid = d.objoid)
|    where c.oid = a.attrelid
|      and a.attnum > 0;

see if this does what you need.  Notice the col_description() function
that obviates the need for pg_attribute.oid...

SELECT upper(c.relname) as table_name,       upper(a.attname) as column_name,       col_description(a.attrelid,
a.attnum)as comments

FROM pg_class c LEFT JOIN pg_attribute a  ON a.attrelid = c.oid
WHERE a.attnum > 0;

cheers. brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman