Re: OIDs missing in pg_attribute?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: OIDs missing in pg_attribute?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>     Well, just spend the past few days banging my head against a brick
> wall trying to figure out why OpenACS 4.x won't work with PgSQL v7.2b3,
> and just figured it out, or, at least, figured out part of it ...
>
>     v7.2b3 no longer has an OID on pg_attribute?

I believe so.  My guess would be that it cut down the OID usage per
table greatly.

>     The following works great in v7.1.3, but fails in v7.b3:
>
>  select upper(c.relname) as table_name,
>          upper(a.attname) as column_name,
>          d.description as comments
>     from pg_class c,
>          pg_attribute a
>            left outer join pg_description d on (a.oid = d.objoid)
>    where c.oid = a.attrelid
>      and a.attnum > 0;

I think the test would now be d.objoid=c.oid and d.objsubid=a.attnum
So,
select upper(c.relname) as table_name,      upper(a.attname) as column_name,      d.description as comments
from (pg_class c join pg_attribute a on (c.oid=a.attrelid) left outer join
pg_description d on (d.objsubid=a.attnum and d.objoid=c.\
oid)) where a.attnum>0;