Profiling under Linux

От Jan Wieck
Тема Profiling under Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
   I  had  the  same  problem  with gprof(1) that all the timing   information is zero. Today I found out what's going
on.
   Under Linux  fork(2)  resets  the  ITIMER_PROF.  Getting  the   itimer  before  the  fork(2)  with getitimer(2) and
ifpid==0   setting it with setitimer(2) to what it was  makes  profiling   work.

Jan