Fwd: Error while inserting long string in database table.

От jayesh tank
Тема Fwd: Error while inserting long string in database table.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Note: forwarded message attached.

http://greetings.yahoo.comDear Sir

While inserting long string in Database table I am
getting following error message.

esev=> \d etable
       Table "etable"
 Attribute | Type | Modifier
-----------+------+----------
 mail      | text |

esev=> \i inse2.txt
psql:inse2.txt:1: ERROR:  Tuple is too big: size
67552, max size 8140

In inse2.txt I am trying to insert long string in mail
field of etable.

As per the the postgres document  : (Text datatype
doesn't require an upper limit to be declared.)

Chapter 3. Data Types

Character Types

SQL92 defines two primary character types: char and
varchar. Postgres supports these types, in addition to
the more general text type, which unlike
varchar does not require an upper limit to be declared
on the size of the field.

How can I add a long string (e.g. 10000 Characters or
more) in the database.

I don't want to use BLOB data type to store long
string. What will be the best alternative to store
long strings (e.g. 10000 characters or more) in
postgres.

Kindly suggest the solution as soon as possible.

Thanks

Jayesh Tank