Re: problems with this wiew

От Masaru Sugawara
Тема Re: problems with this wiew
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 22:31:21 GMT
"Aasmund Midttun Godal" <postgresql@envisity.com> wrote:

> Well if you have spelled view "wiew" - that may be part of your problem,
>
> sincerely,
>
> Aasmund.
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:07:17 -0800 (PST), Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Manuel Trujillo wrote:
> >

> > I'm probably missing something obvious, but
> > in any case the schema for tables and views
> > involved (preferably in create statements),
> > your PostgresQL version and the actual error
> > message you're getting would help us.
> >
> Aasmund Midttun Godal
>
> aasmund@godal.com - http://www.godal.com/
> +47 40 45 20 46

I would think his problem is caused by how to use aliases, at least,
D is apparently unnecessary. Since I don't know the definitions of his
tables, I can't affirm what type of an error happened. But if his tables
are correctly defined, his error is probably:   ERROR:  Column reference "***" is ambiguous.

If so, the vague columns reference of his query ought to be adjusted
with explicitly using aliases: B, C, and E (e.g. see below).

select E.gallery_id, E.multimedia_id from view_multimedia_file A      inner join (select B.gallery_id,
      B.multimedia_id,                         B.element_type_id,                         C.result_type_id,
           C.subevent_id,                         C.subevent_type_id,                         C.event_id,
         C.championship_id,                         C.championship_type_id,                         C.season_id,
                C.c_language_id as language_id                    from view_gallery B                         inner
join(select gallery_id as c_gallery_id,                                            result_type_id,
                     subevent_id,                                            subevent_type_id,
                 event_id,                                            championship_id,
         championship_type_id,                                            season_id,
       language_id as c_language_id                                       from view_gallery_result_type
                   ) C                          on (B.gallery_id = C.c_gallery_id)                ) E       on (A.mm_id
=E.multimedia_id)

;

Regards,
Masaru Sugawara