Re: SunOS4 port

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: SunOS4 port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> > > The only solution would be having our own memcmp on SunOS4.
> >
> > Um.  Well, we could do that I suppose ... does anyone think
> > it's worth the trouble?
>
> In 7.0 or earlier has a configure check if memcmp is 8 bit clean. In
> 7.1 someone has removed that test and now we get the failure on
> SunOS4.

I checked out 7.0 using tag REL7_0_PATCHES, and I see this in configure.in:
AC_FUNC_MEMCMP

and this in configure:
echo "$ac_t""$ac_cv_func_memcmp_clean" 1>&6test $ac_cv_func_memcmp_clean = no && LIBOBJS="$LIBOBJS
memcmp.${ac_objext}"

However, I don't see any memcmp.c file, nor in 6.5 either.  I wonder if
this was removed from configure.in because it was no longer being used.

The big question is whether we can backpatch in the memcmp code and have
it working cleanly in 7.2.

Pennsylvania19026