Re: SunOS4 port

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: SunOS4 port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> > So far I think I have done the SunOS4 port except the parallel
> > regression test. Unfortunately the machine is in production and I
> > could not increase the shmem parameters. Instead I have done the
> > serial test and got 4 errors (see attached regression.diffs).
>
> Most of those look insignificant --- either results of the known
> problem that SunOS's atoi doesn't detect overflow, or uninteresting
> geometry diffs.  But I'm worried about the diffs in the bit test.
> Could you look into that?

It appears that it at least caused by buggy memcmp() on SunOS4. In
bit_cmp():
cmp = memcmp(VARBITS(arg1), VARBITS(arg2), Min(bytelen1,bytelen2));

would return unexpected result if the sign bit of the first byte is
on. For example,  B'11011000000' is smaller than B'00000000000'.
The only solution would be having our own memcmp on SunOS4.
--
Tatsuo Ishii