Re: Licensing

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: Licensing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:48:33PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Would it be a problem to include this code in PG?
>
> I think it would be fine.  I don't think the old/new BSD license is any
> major distinction.  We moved from old to new with no issues a while ago.

Shame on you Bruce: lawyers don't understand 'just a little change in
the license' We've gotten away with the change by making a good faith
effort to contact all copyright holders, and then assuming that those who
did not respond have assigned/abandoned their rights. And, the biggest
holder of them all, Berkeley, _did_ change their license. Probably a bit
'squidgy' but I think we'd win it in court, not that it'd come to that.

Ross