Re: Grant blanket permissions on a database

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Grant blanket permissions on a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4 Dec 2001, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> I am using PostgreSQL-7.1.2_2 on a FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE server.  I am running
> Apache on the same machine, and have a PHP website that connects to the
> PostgreSQL server on localhost.  I want the user that the website connects
> as to have full permission to do anything it wants on that particular
> database, so it seemed like it would be reasonable to add to my pg_hba.conf:
>
>    host mydatabase 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 crypt
>
> This works, in general.  However, I always get errors similar to:
>
>   Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: sysusers_usersys_seq.nextval: you
>   don't have permissions to set sequence sysusers_usersys_seq
>
> when trying to insert data into a table with a serial field.  Shouldn't the
> host line allow that user full permission to create, drop, and update every
> element in the database?

IIRC, The pg_hba.conf gives the database level access permissions.  You
still need to GRANT the appropriate permissions to the user (or make the
user an superuser - in which case you probably want to make sure the
user cannot log into other databases).

Сообщение: Re: Grant blanket permissions on a database
Сообщение: Re: Grant blanket permissions on a database