Large tables management question

От Luben Karavelov
Тема Large tables management question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I am designing an information system for image processing. I decided to
base it on PostgreSQL because of its advanced object-relational
features. The database will grow 200M per day or in another numbers 40G per
year.

I want to ask you if there is some way to manage such amount of data in
postgresql? This means to add additional disc to databasa storage when
the first is full, to  split some of the tables over multiple discs etc?
Or I have to manage this with another means, for example on OS level
(linear raid) or on application level (to store the large data files on
filesystem).
I am asking for something similar to "merge" tables in mysql although this
is not the best silution.

Thanks in advance
luben

Luben Karavelov                    [phone] +359 2 9877088
Network Administrator                     [ICQ#] 34741625

Вложения