Apache module for directory authorization

От Clark C . Evans
Тема Apache module for directory authorization
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello.  I'm looking for a simple Apache module
that connects to my PostgreSQL database to
determine if a given file is readable by a
browser having a particular cookie.

Specific details:

  1. The user is already logged in with
     a cookie.  The cookie is a long hash
     and within the database.

  2. I have a stored procedure "canread"
     which takes the cookie and the path
     and returns true/false.

  3. I'm looking for an apache module that
     will connect, call my procedure and
     then gives access to a particular
     as appropriate.

In particular, I've found many postgresql
_authentication_ modules, but I've yet to
find a good _authorization_ module.  That
is, most of them use the HTTP Authenticate
mechansim and check passwords to give access
to a whole sub-tree.   My users are already
logged in (via a cookie) and my access
requirement is far more granular.

Any pointers?

Thank you so much,