Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If I remember a previous discussion correctly, the
problem is not having a "bad" sed, but a
"too-up-to-date" one.  Someone got carried away with
escaping, which resulted in some "\n" combination(s)
appearing in regular expressions used by sed.  Not a
problem with most seds, which interpret that as just
"n", but GNU sed interprets "\n" as a newline
character.  A small change to the code should see you
clear.

majordomo@postgresql.org)