Bug #525: createlang for plperl fails on Tru64 version 4.0F (v 7.1.3)

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #525: createlang for plperl fails on Tru64 version 4.0F (v 7.1.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mike Beerman (beermb@chp.edu) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
createlang for plperl fails on Tru64 version 4.0F (v 7.1.3)

Long Description
We had plperl operating fine on our Compaq Tru64 4.0F system, when it was running PostgreSQL version 7.0.2. However,
whenwe installed version 7.1.3, despite the fact that we had used the --with-perl flag when configuring, we cannot get
plperlrunning with 7.1.3. When we try to run "createlang plperl dbname", we get the error "Load of file
$PGHOME/lib/plperl.sofailed: dlopen: cannot load $PGHOME/lib/plperl.so" even though the file it is looking for exists
inthe proper location and has the necessary permissions. I have tried recompiling the src for plperl, and it compiles
withouterrors, and installs fine. But I get the same error when I try to run createlang. Has anyone else encountered
thisproblem?
Thanks.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report