Re: Call for objections: deprecate postmaster -o switch?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Call for objections: deprecate postmaster -o switch?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > And I started the postmaster using:
> >     ./bin/postmaster -B 2000 -i $DEBUG --sort-mem=60
>
> But
>
> (a) did the sort_mem setting "take"?

Sure did.  I tried a sort value too low and it complained.

> (b) can you put more than one variable setting in there and have
> them all take?

Yes.  In your test:
 ./bin/postmaster -B 2000 -i $DEBUG --enable_hashjoin=false --enable-mergejoin=false

I get from a restarted postmaster:
test=> show enable_hashjoin;NOTICE:  enable_hashjoin is offSHOW VARIABLEtest=> show enable_mergejoin;NOTICE:
enable_mergejoinis offSHOW VARIABLE

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Call for objections: deprecate postmaster -o switch?
Сообщение: Re: Call for objections: deprecate postmaster -o switch?