Re: SGML makefile

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: SGML makefile
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> > I added a comment to document the purpose.  Thanks.
>
> Um ... is it portable to stick a comment into the body of a make
> rule like that?  Shell comments and make comments aren't always
> the same.

I thought about that.  Gmake texinfo manual says it is OK.  I don't see
any other uses of it in our source, though.

   The commands of a rule consist of shell command lines to be executed
one by one.  Each command line must start with a tab, except that the
first command line may be attached to the target-and-prerequisites line
with a semicolon in between.  Blank lines and lines of just comments
may appear among the command lines; they are ignored.  (But beware, an
apparently "blank" line that begins with a tab is _not_ blank!  It is an
empty command; *note Empty Commands::.)