Re: Storage Location Patch Proposal for V7.3

От Mathijs Brands
Тема Re: Storage Location Patch Proposal for V7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:26:17PM -0500, Jim Buttafuoco allegedly wrote:
> The example below has 3 tablespaces/locations PGDATA/DB1/DB2
> PG_LOCATIONS (or PG_TABLESPACES) would have the following rows
> PGDATA | /usr/local/pgsql/data
> DB1    | /db1
> DB2    | /db2

<SNIP>

> /db1/data/5432
>       ^-------------------------<< second location default PG PORT
> /db1/data/5432/65894834/99999999
>                          ^------<< somedb/sometable
> /db1/data/5432/65894834/88888888
>                          ^------<< somedb/someindex
>
> /db2/data/5432

Should data/ even be in there? /db2/5432 seems to be the correct value.
Either that or change the location to /db2/data. Implicitly creating an
extra directory isn't something I would like to happen, especially if it
doesn't happen for PGDATA itself.

My $.02,

Mathijs
--
And the beast shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a
thousand thousand fold. The din of a million keyboards like unto a great